The Difference Between Preventive and Basic Care in Dental Insurance Plans

Dental insurance is a type of health insurance that covers the cost of preventive and basic dental care. It is designed to help individuals and families manage the cost of dental care, which can be expensive. Preventive care includes regular check-ups, cleanings, and x-rays, while basic care includes treatments such as fillings, crowns, and root canals. The difference between preventive and basic care in a dental insurance plan is that preventive care is covered at a higher rate than basic care.

Preventive care is typically covered at 100%, meaning that the insurance company pays for the entire cost of the service. Basic care, on the other hand, is usually covered at a lower rate, such as 80%. This means that the patient is responsible for paying the remaining 20% of the cost. In addition to covering different types of care at different rates, dental insurance plans also have different annual maximums.

The annual maximum is the maximum amount that the insurance company will pay for dental services in a given year. Most plans have an annual maximum of $1,000 to $2,000 per person. This means that once you reach this limit, you will be responsible for paying any additional costs out-of-pocket. It's important to understand the differences between preventive and basic care in a dental insurance plan so that you can make informed decisions about your dental health.

Preventive care is essential for maintaining good oral health and should be done regularly. Basic care is necessary when more extensive treatments are needed to restore your oral health. Knowing what your plan covers and how much it will cost can help you make informed decisions about your dental health.

Leave Reply

All fileds with * are required